Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Greetings, Rufus7575, and welcome. You asked:

<<I was informed that if I started my social security at age 63 that I would only recieve payment on earned income starting in 1970. I was also informed that if I waited until I was 65 then my payment would be based from 1960..\ The problem is I maxed out on my payment in the 60s. From the early 70 I didn't make any money therfore I paid little or no SS. Any body have knowlge on this subject? >>

Obviously, you didn't get this information from the SSA where you should have because it is totally incorrect. Your final benefit is based on your entire working career going back to the very first job in which you paid your first penny into the SS system. Then the highest 35 years of earnings are used to calculate the benefit. Be assured your earnings prior to 1970 will be factored into that calculation.

Regards..Pixy
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement