No. of Recommendations: 0
Greetings, Sprig, and welcome. You wrote:

<<It has always been my understanding that an individual can contribute to a ROTH IRA even if they also contribute to an employee sponsored retirement plan (403 B in my case). A fellow employee informed me that this is not the case. I believe that I am correct, but a confirmation would be nice. >>

Consider it confirmed. You are correct and your co-worker is not. As long as you meet the AGI limits for doing so, you may contribute to a Roth. And even if you didn't, you could still contribute to a nondeductible IRA regardless of your income. For details, see the IRA discussion in my Foolish Retirement Plan Primer at .

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.