No. of Recommendations: 0
Greetings, SteveWarke1, and welcome.

<<We have a 403b plan with Fidelity it possible to take out the majority (rollover)of money in their funds and put it into a better performing mutual fund family while keeping the Fidelity plan alive with future contributions?>>

Yes. If you're an active participant in a 403b plan, you may arrange for a transfer of funds within that plan to another custodian in something called a 403b(7) account. You can set that up with a broker or fund of your choice that handles such accounts. You are still restricted to annuity and/or mutual fund investments, though. Your future contributions may continue going to Fidelity after the transfer. Decide where you want thefunds to go, call the broker or fund to set up the account, and follow their instructions for transfer.


Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.