Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Greetings, Stompie, and welcome. You wrote:

<<On a combined tax return if by selling my business my earnings are to high to allow a ira contribution can my wife still contribute to her ira and/or convert a regular ira to a roth?>>

As long as you have earned income from a job, you and your spouse can always make a contribution to an IRA. It may not be a deductible contribution, but one is always allowed. For details on what type you and your spouse may use and whether it can be a deductible contribution made to a traditional IRA, see our IRA area at for details.

Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.