Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Greetings, Talpas, and welcome. You asked:

<<I recently received a statement from the SS Administration telling me that I have enough credits to qualify for benefits. I currently receive a pension from the state. Will I be able to collect from SS?I worked under SS at different times in my working life. >>

Possibly, but if you worked for the state and did not pay into the system through that work, then your SS benefit will be subject to a pension offset. See the last paragraph in my article at The links there will take you to the appropriate SSA booklet that explains this issue.

Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.