Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Greetings, Tashak2, and welcome. You asked:

<<Question: if one is living off IRA income but works sporadically (part time and/or temporary jobs) can one fund a ROTH IRA form the sporadic work? >>

Yes, but only up to the lesser of the job income or $2K per year. So, if your sporadic work only produces $500 in wages, that's all you may contribute to the Roth.

Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.