No. of Recommendations: 0
Greetings, Wedgar, and welcome.

<<Brand new to Fooldom. I am self-employed and would like to set up an sep or IRA that I can trade through. Can this be done, and if so, how? I'm just beginning, so please don't get to technical.>>

It sure can. Contact virtually any broker and that agency can walk you through the steps for getting a SEP-IRA established as a self-directed account within which you will be free to trade to your heart's content.

I suggest you visit the IRS website and print out IRS Pub 560, Retirement Plans for the Self Employed. Just point your browser to:

That document will explain all your options to include providing you a brief explanation of a SEP, Keogh, and SIMPLE. All are available to you. Read that, and then come back if you have further questions.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.