No. of Recommendations: 0
Greetings, Wilber85604, and welcome. You asked:

<<Can I convert a 403b into a ira?>>

Not directly you can't. A Roth IRA may accept rollover money only from another Roth or a traditional IRA. It cannot accept funds directly from a qualified retirement plan like a 401k or 403b. Those monies must first go to a traditional IRA. Once there (and assuming you meet the $100K Adjusted Gross Income limitation), the money can be further transferred to a Roth IRA. Don't forget the taxes that will be due on that conversion, though.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.