No. of Recommendations: 0
Greetings, WSGrunt, and welcome. You asked:

<<My employer contributes to a SEP-IRA for me. Can I also contribute to the same IRA, and, if so, what are the limits/rules regarding such contributions?>>

Yes, you may treat the SEP-IRA as if it were your traditional IRA and make a contribution of up to $2K to the SEP-IRA each year. That contribution may or may not be deductible depending on your adjusted gross income and your income tax filing status. For details, see out IRA area at The SEP is treated as any other employer-provided qualified retirement plan for the purpose of determining the deductibility of IRA contributions.

Print the post  


The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.