UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (33) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Rogue31 Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 665  
Subject: Re: law, using it to correct your credit report Date: 2/22/2000 8:59 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 7
Greg, well you have to remember....we have been bombarded by Detroit telling us that we must own our own car to be independent for more than 60 years...guess all those ads sunk deeply into the American conscience. And don't forget the car replaced the family horse and carriage.

Well said. As a matter of fact, the Detroit area (and suburbs) has no public transportation. (Hmmm. Wonder why that may be? You don't think the Big Three have anything to do with that, do you? Naaaahh! Couldn't be...) I live 15 miles from where I work. That is not very far at all. The cost of housing where I work is more than I can afford (since I have had a bankruptcy in the near past, a course you advocate), so I live in a cheaper city. So, I need a car to get there. Could I walk or ride a bike? Possibly. But definitely not with our winters. So, I drive.

Could I work closer to home? Yep. At about half of what I make, which means I couldn't live in my current home, which means I would have to find an even cheaper city. Which means I would no longer be close enough to then new job to walk. Which means I would need a car.

Well, how about finding a job in the new city? Sure, which is even less than the job I just moved to, which means the cycle begins all over...

Oh, and before you say I live too "luxuriously", I own (with the bank) a three bedroom, 1 bath home. Just my wife and I so far, but we are trying to have a child. This means I need at least two bedrooms. My family lives out of town, and sometimes comes to visit, so I have a third bedroom for them. This doubles as a den/library/home office. It is not "in the country" but in a well-developed neighborhood.

Before making judgements on someones lifestyle (particularly someone you do not know), you would be well served to get the facts.

There is a reason God gave us two ears and only one mouth. Talk only half as much as you listen.

Rogue
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (33) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Apple

The Saddest Place on iPhone Day
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement