Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Pricewin One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 44  
Subject: GREYHOUND Date: 3/7/1998 12:10 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Does anyone think BUS is now a good buy. I bought at about these levels 2 years ago and have just got back to even. I like the company as I think the new management has turned this company around, and the fact that they have a monopoly on the domestic market. Who else delivers bus service around the US?? Can this company be a good buy at this price??
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Rando One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 18 of 44
Subject: Re: GREYHOUND Date: 3/18/1998 1:49 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Pricewin, I was watching this stock when it hovered around 4 and while my hands were in other cookie jars it jumped up above to my disappointment because I didn't leave the driving to them soon enough. I agree with you, it looks like they have that segment of the travel business locked up. But I'm not looking for it to go to seven any time soon. If it does I guess I'll just kick myself in the butt a second time.......

Author: Rando One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 19 of 44
Subject: Re: GREYHOUND Date: 4/16/1998 4:42 PM
Pricewin, I have been following the news clips about BUS, it looks like the unresolved contract with the drivers is holding the stock price down to 4 something. This is my kind of stock, I'm likely to take some money from a stagnant mutual fund and buy a couple thousand shares because the profile just looks astounding the next two years ahead. To give you an idea of the type I buy into: KM at 7 1/4, VCD at 8 1/2, PDE at 18 1/2, AAIR at 8 1/2 (12 months of agony but it's taking off again). BUS looks like a sure winner. They don't have any competition! I hate riding those buses, did it alot as a kid, but alot of people can't afford expensive plane tickets and AirTran doesn't fly to Titwhistle Minnesota. If there is such a place I'm sure Greyhound probably has a "local" that stops there. What price did you buy in at and are you going to get some more? Rando

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement