Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Solom3000 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 224  
Subject: Growth Rate of a company? Date: 8/23/2001 11:19 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Where could you find the Growth Rate of a Company it seems every page I go I can't find. Could you give me a web site where i could find the Growth Rate of a company?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: jrr7 Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 200 of 224
Subject: Re: Growth Rate of a company? Date: 8/23/2001 12:59 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Your question needs to be more specific.

There is no universla measure for the "growth rate" of a company. You can only measure the growth rate of a statistc. Commonly used statistics for companies include:
- stock price
- profits (earnings)
- sales
- # of locations
- # of employees

Which of these is most relevant depends on the company. Some newly started companies may have no profits, but are growing sales. Some older companies may have flat sales, but are growing profits.

My suggestion: A lot more people are following the group "Ask a Foolish Question". Head to that group, look around, and ask for clarification. Someone will be there to answer you.

Author: TYP98 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 223 of 224
Subject: Re: Growth Rate of a company? Date: 9/15/2016 12:39 PM
Hello Re: Re: Growth Rate of a,

For those you spoke to yesterday, it may be reassuring (don't hold your breath!) that there are still dividends in the bank-deposits! Whaackoo!
It sounds like fewer people are selling-shares in a ridiculous-scheme. My uncle Norbert had some troubles recently--he had not sold-shares at a loss! This, at first, seems contrarian-wise, but he had expired-aBn! His gains-at-sale would have paid for that nice Bahamas-vacation his wife, my auntMildred, talks about--happiness. Norbert-needs-Blue-Chips. Profits with stocks-investings are worth-gains. Little-birdies sing the bank's hapinessess true. I'm going to-lunch. See you there!

Kindly,

TYP98

Author: TYP98 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 224 of 224
Subject: Re: Growth Rate of a company? Date: 9/15/2016 12:42 PM
Hello Re: Growth,

It sounds like you have a lot of questions. You might want to try insurance rates. They don't rate-as high, but they don't require as much maintenance in the long-haul. At least, that's what BenjaminGraham said, in his seminole book, The Intelligent Investor, published by Ran.

Kindly,

TYP98

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement