Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Solom3000 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 221  
Subject: Growth Rate of a company? Date: 8/23/2001 11:19 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Where could you find the Growth Rate of a Company it seems every page I go I can't find. Could you give me a web site where i could find the Growth Rate of a company?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: jrr7 Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 200 of 221
Subject: Re: Growth Rate of a company? Date: 8/23/2001 12:59 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Your question needs to be more specific.

There is no universla measure for the "growth rate" of a company. You can only measure the growth rate of a statistc. Commonly used statistics for companies include:
- stock price
- profits (earnings)
- sales
- # of locations
- # of employees

Which of these is most relevant depends on the company. Some newly started companies may have no profits, but are growing sales. Some older companies may have flat sales, but are growing profits.

My suggestion: A lot more people are following the group "Ask a Foolish Question". Head to that group, look around, and ask for clarification. Someone will be there to answer you.

Author: kahunacfa Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 220 of 221
Subject: Re: Growth Rate of a company? Date: 8/14/2007 11:50 PM
Where could you find the Growth Rate of a Company it seems every page I go I can't find. Could you give me a web site where i could find the Growth Rate of a company? - Solom3000 | Date: 8/23/2001 11:19:27 AM | Number: 219

If the company is listed in Value Line Investment Survey the Value Line sheet has earnings and sales growth rates.

Link: http://www.ValueLine.com (subscription required) for non-public parts.

Kahuna,CFA

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement