Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: whoamifoolings One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 40  
Subject: GROW'th spurt Date: 11/15/2006 5:29 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Income Statement
Revenue (ttm): 50.19M
Revenue Per Share (ttm): 6.659
Qtrly Revenue Growth (yoy): 81.10%
Gross Profit (ttm): 44.85M
EBITDA (ttm): 18.03M
Net Income Avl to Common (ttm): 11.82M
Diluted EPS (ttm): 1.56
Qtrly Earnings Growth (yoy): 126.30%

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ks?s=GROW

52Wk low of $7.42, and is currently at $44.65. The stock volume and price is surging from this:

U.S. Global Investors, Inc. (NASDAQ: GROW) reports Q4 EPS of $0.74 compared to $0.05 for the same quarter last year. Revenues were $18.96 million compared to $5.03 million for the same period last year.

The company recorded net income of $10.44 million, or $1.38 cents per diluted share, on revenue of $44.85 million for the 12 months ended June 30, 2006. That compares to earnings of $1.45 million, or 19 cents per diluted share, on revenue of $16.98 million during the fiscal year ended June 30, 2005.

http://www.streetinsider.com/Earnings/U.S.+Global+Investors+(GROW)+Reports+Q4+and+FY06+Earnings/1171113.html

Any Fools in on this one?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: oceanbluela Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Ticker Guide SC1 Red Motley Fool One Everlasting Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3 of 40
Subject: Re: GROW'th spurt Date: 11/15/2006 5:55 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Hi whoamifoolings--

I own GROW and luckily bought it earlier this year and so far have 178% profit. Unbelievable. I did though, sell half of it today as I believe it is fully valued for the moment and wanted to lock in some profit before earnings tomorrow. I never do that... sell half to protect my profit. But in this case, that move felt right. I bought it on momentum and still view it such as such. I think going forward it will do very well. I just felt a little spooked that the price needs to step back a bit while value catches up.

Famous last words. It'll probably report killer numbers tomorrow and go through the roof. But either way, I feel good about the percentage of my portfolio I have invested in it and at least have some skin in the game.

How are you feeling about the company and its prospects?

Best,

Vivienne

Author: whoamifoolings One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4 of 40
Subject: Re: GROW'th spurt Date: 11/15/2006 8:11 PM
Hi Vivienne,

I'm not exactly what they call smart money. I initially bought on momentum (and solid fundamentals), but got weak like a tea bag in the ocean when the price dropped 12% - i sold at a loss. After it recovered, and then some, I recently bought back in and have now more than made up for my first ever (and botched) attempt at momentum investing. I'm definitely nervous now though. I was looking for some reassurance. :-)

The company's fundamentals and growth look great. But yes, in the short term that's the big question.

You have any other ones you're watching?

Author: Yabapmatt Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 5 of 40
Subject: Re: GROW'th spurt Date: 11/17/2006 8:58 AM
I thankfully own some shares of GROW which I bought on its last dip into the mid 20s, but I'm kicking myself now for not having picked up more as this is one of my smallest positions. I have been waiting for a better price point to pick up more, but so far the price has shown no signs of falling.

I'm glad to see some posts finally on this board. I'm relatively new to investing and have been looking around for information and opinions on GROW because I'm not sure how to valuate it on my own. On one hand, I expect it to come down just because that seems to be what happens after such a big run up, but on the other hand, at the rate it's growing the P/E still seems kind of low.

- Matt

Author: whoamifoolings One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 6 of 40
Subject: Re: GROW'th spurt Date: 11/20/2006 5:09 AM
Congrats on a great entry price Matt! I know that feeling of "Wish i had bought more" but you should try your best to pat yourself on the back instead. Easier said than done though. Hopefully we're learning along the way. Been reading in the investment books how important it is to do a post analysis of buys and sells. Maybe time for me to keep a log book - I'm curious to hear what others do for analysis.

I honestly don't know why there isn't more chatter about GROW, since it's been a high volume, price mover (usually up), and usually #1 on IBD.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement