Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: SFEley One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 58  
Subject: Re: Agreement with Microsoft Date: 3/2/2000 11:44 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
> Anyone home?
>
> You guys are sure quite about all this good news.

What is there to say? I first bought Radiant in late 1997 on its way down (at 27, then 19), then bought a *lot* more of it in 1998 at 6.75 knowing it would come back up. I know a fair amount about the company; I'm a consultant for one of its major customers, and I've been in Radiant's offices and worked with several of their developers. Radiant as a solutions provider has both good points and bad points (their own employees are well aware of some of those bad points), but the technology itself is very strong.

Today's been a very good day -- the stock's now a ten-bagger for me -- but I worry whether it's going up so fast for the wrong reasons. I intend to hold, but if the stock's going to retain its value it needs to have more than Microsoft's name going for it. I don't know much about this RetailEnterprise venture; it seems a departure from Radiant's traditional strengths, which are POS (point-of-sale) systems and back-office software, but that doesn't necessarily mean they won't find a way to tie it back in.

One thing seems obvious to me: until today, Radiant has been an extremely undernoticed stock. It's gone from 6 to 50 inside of a year with practically no coverage. That's probably going to change now. Keep watching it.

- SFE
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Economic Implications of Cuba
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement