No. of Recommendations: 1

>------
Without knowing anything about the "events and circumstances" you mention, it's futile for anyone to offer advice. I do wonder, however, with a $90+k income how you managed to incur a $15k credit card balance.
<------

Well, I didn't always have this income. I've had ups and downs over the course of my life. Most recent and worst down was that in 1994 I qualified for and recieved ADC (welfare).

Here's a brief income/salary history..
1994 $ 4,400 - on ADC
1996 $13,400
1998 $38,417
2000 $54,800
2002 $75,900
2003 $89,100
2004 $94,000

It's been a steady uphill climb as I established myself and moved to other companies as opportunities presented themselves. I work in finance/collections and significant income increases only occur if you jump companies, which I've done.

My CC debt was at about $25,000 not all that long ago. Plus instead of paying that off, 2 years ago, I paid cash for a significant portion of my only sons 1st 2 years of college education at an out-of-state school. I am still paying his living expenses for another year or two if he keeps his grade point up.

So that's why CC debt is still at $15k. But at my current rate of payback, it should be down to zero within a year.

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement