UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (35) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: ziggy29 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 60164  
Subject: Re: Will the Whizzers Win? Date: 7/2/2008 10:28 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
>> Both sides consist of members of the investment class looking to improve their knowledge of how to accumulate enough to take care of themselves. The conservative board is willing to put up with the religious Gardenbunny crap that the Republicans carry as baggage as the price for a big enough alliance to help block ever rising taxes and government. The liberal investment class members are willing to put up with more wealth redistribution baggage in order to create a big enough alliance to block the ever religious intrusion on their private lives that they see the religious Republicans imposing.

Personally I am a libertarian at heart. Do what you want in the bedroom. But I'll vote Republican every time because I feel under attack by the redistributionists and I can tolerage the religious crap.
<<

Just wanted to let you know that you're not alone. I'm disgusted with the GOP for letting the neocon God/gays/guns crowd take over the limited-federal government party of Barry Goldwater and for failing to control spending and tanking the dollar, and I'm disgusted with the the Democrats for their willingness to punish ants and give to grasshoppers to the point where ants have little incentive to produce, and for their constant blocking of developing more domestic energy which is desperately needed as a bridge to alternatives for a few years.

For the most part, people vote their pocketbooks and that's why I've historically leaned Republican. I will state that this crop of neocon Republicans lost their way since their sweep in '94 and recovery of the White House in 2000, and I'm glad Texas is rarely in play so I can plan to vote for Bob Barr with little worry about shifting the state outcome.

The sad thing is that I think a socially tolerant and fiscally conservative "party" could form the largest voting bloc in the country, except that the rules and laws in place for elections pretty much force a two party system on us. Even Teddy Roosevelt couldn't do it with the Bull Moose Party in 1912, and if he couldn't do it then in today's media/sound bite environment combined with the decline of third party movements in general it unfortunately feels like a lost cause. I dimply can't support either side, though I can support individuals on both sides.

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (35) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement