No. of Recommendations: 0
>> I will have $200K from cap gain of property sale in Feb 01. I need it in approx 1-1.5 yrs for new construction....short term,least risk, best return????

You could go with a one-year T-bill for the most safety, but you can probably get adequate security for a better return.

I've seen one-year CDs yielding close to 7%. If you go the CD route, split up the $200,000 into at least three different CDs, since the deposit amount plus accrued interest shouldn't exceed $100,000.

Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.