No. of Recommendations: 1
>> Say you turn 50 in June, Do you need to wait those 6 months before putting in the "catch up" monies? <<

No. You just have to be at least age 50 by the end of the plan's year. Usually the plan year and the calendar year are the same, and where they are, you just have to turn 50 by the end of the year. You could turn 50 on 12/31/2005 and contribute the catchup money on 1/1/2005.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.