Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: kallaloostx One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 27423  
Subject: Re: I almost learned the ways of the Wise! Date: 9/20/2000 8:36 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
>>All Foolish four stocks have the little red sad faces. I realize its a good idea to buy while the
stocks are "on sale", but really now...
>>Im going to give it some time before I buy four sad faces.

The best thing that you can do is buy the stocks that you are interested in when there are "sad faces." In fact, hope that they get sadder and sadder before you buy. If you want a pair of Levis and find a pair in one store for $45 and find the EXACT same pair in another store for $39.99, which would you buy? (If you say "the ones for $45, I will slap you silly!!)

Seriously, if you are in it for the long term...do you research, pick great stocks and buy like mad when those sad faces appear....don't wait too long or else they may get happy again.

>>Id rather not have to endure a loss on the first day.

I know that may be your desire, but it is reality...don't look at day to day fluctuations if you are in it for the long term. Trust me...you may suffer a tremendous loss one year and have 3 great years after that. Losses are inevitable...but the gains are even more inevitable (provided you do your homework and pick your stocks wisely).

Keep up with the boards, ask for advice, but depend on your own research! Here's to happiness and prosperity!

-Kall
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Starting a Small Business
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement