Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
>>Also I am interested in LTC insurance even though I am only 55 and my wife 53.<<

morrij~

It is my understanding that, in general, the best time to purchase a LTC policy is at the age of 54, because rates tend to increase more at 55. If you buy earlier than that, your rates will be less expensive, but you will be paying for longer, thus cancelling out that savings. Likewise, if you wait longer, the rates will increase dramatically. Health problems will affect your rate. My quote was a the company's "best rate", but my husband's was not because he has high cholesterol. Just what I've learned.

Aloha from Maui!

~Jeri
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement