Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: sfeley One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 58  
Subject: Re: What;s Up (or DOWN) with RADS? Date: 2/6/1998 4:28 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
>>>>>
Today is 2/5 and it has dropped over 6 points. Any published news?
<<<<<

Yes, they released their fourth quarter earnings. There was a loss of 20 cents a share due to one-time charges.

IMO the drop yesterday was way too hard, way too fast -- Radiant acquired four other companies this year, so the analysts KNEW a big hit was coming. Then again, all the earnings estimates I've seen for Radiant look like they must have come either from just after their IPO or sometime in the middle of the year. The company is just not being actively followed enough for Wall Street to keep up with them -- and as anyone who's read Peter Lynch or the Fool's Iomega story knows, that COULD spell big opportunity if the company and its management are high quality.

I'm a software consultant for an Atlanta-based management consulting firm, and for the past year or so my assignment has been the Restaurant Information Systems division at Chick-fil-A's corporate headquarters. I was watching Chick-fil-A's decision makers when they started evaluating the Radiant hardware last year, and I saw their reactions to it. Right now I'm developing custom modules for the ReMACS back-office software system. ReMACS was Radiant's major acquisition in the summer of last year, and is now known as Radiant Hospitality Systems. I'll probably be here most of this year preparing the software rollout, which they're doing first as an upgrade path to the hardware. (With their newly-acquired companies like ReMACS and LogicWorks, Radiant has a pretty wide channel for distributing back-office software separate from their POS systems.) I've worked directly with some of Radiant's developers, and I know what at least one of their major food-service clients thinks of them. My personal outlook on Radiant is positive, and they were the first purchase in my newly-set-up 401K plan.

I'll be happy to discuss as much of Radiant's and ReMACS's technical side as I'm legally allowed, provided anyone here wants to hear it.. >8-> I only know of their finances and management from their investor relations packet, and that's the side of them that seems to be in flux right now. For their product itself -- I can't take the time to describe it right now, I will later, but from what I've seen it's VERY impressive. There's a lot of future there, provided they know when to start showing a positive balance.

Have Fun,
- Steve Eley
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Considerable Headwinds for Profire Energy?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement