UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: orangeblood Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75633  
Subject: Re: The Anti-Motley Fool viewpoint Date: 2/18/1998 10:06 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
>>>While both market investors and DOGS need a strong economy, DOGS claim to have the ability to cherry pick the market.<<<

Dogs claim only a good chance at beating market averages over the long term.

>>><< First, many scientifically literate people also believe this [environmentalism]. (There is valid reasoning on both sides of this argument.)>>

This answer does not surprise me given your willingness to trust correlation without ESTABLISHING cause.<<<

I have no such willingness. If you wish to discuss this particular environmental issue further, we should do so offline.

>>><<But thus far you have not refuted a single one of the reasons behind the Dow theory, you've only said they don't exist.>>

>DOG advocates are asserting a positive claim and thus are obligated to prove they are right since one cannot, logically, prove a negative.<<<<

Hey, *I* am not the one who started this thread!<g> The reasons why the Dow Dividend approach may be successful (as well as arguments against it) are laid out in the Motley Fool Investment Guide. I find it humorous that you choose not to refute a single one of those reasons.

Regards,

orangeblood
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
Post of the Day:
Apple

Apple and Ninety Years Ago
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement