No. of Recommendations: 0
>>If you want to call this a salary that is ok

It's not a question of what you or I would like to call it. Either you're receiving (assuming your accountant is doing the payroll) a paycheck with SS and payroll taxes withheld as well as a form W-2 at end of the year or you aren't.

If you are, you're all set and can contribute to an IRA, 401(k), SEP, or other retirement plan. If you aren't, you're probably breaking the rules and will be in trouble if the IRS finds out.


Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.