Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: NoLoadFund Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 80  
Subject: Re: DIA and SPY Date: 7/8/2001 3:08 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
>>Well, on a monthly log chart, the 30 period line has flattened out.
>>Combined with the breaking down through the long-term trendline, I
>>think that means that the trend has changed. I guess what remains to
>>be seen is whether this will be a short-term consolidation (like
>>1994), a long-term consolidation (like the 70's), or just the start
>>of further breakdown. I guess we have to watch what it does at the
>>150-day EMA and what it does at the horizontal support in the 1200,
>>1100, and 975 areas.

I AM VERY CONCERNED, folks. The market movement is like fractals, you will find patterns within patterns ... and as you scope out, you can more readily identify larger patterns and trends. And what chekat posted is right on the money.

There is a leveling off of the 150 bar moving average for all the major indexes if you set bar=9 days and zoom=1. This is a Weinstein top over a larger chunk of time. It is very pronounced on the SP-500. And it is beginning to take shape on the DJIA. The Naz seems to be the last one to have discovered it.

I've heard some people predict that we are in for a very long bear market. Yes, we are seeing uptrends on a small scale - but they seem to be breaking down. And this larger trend of a Weinstein market top really sticks out. You can even detect a run-up between jan-1999 to dec-2000 ... again, on a larger scale of 9 days/bar.

You might be tempted to say that this top looks bad because its to scale of our most recent top. But use the "[" key to scroll back through time to a previous bear. You will not see the overall market topping (on a macro scale) that you are seeing today.

I predict Monday (7/9) is going to be very black. There might be a gasp or two, but this thing is going to re-test April's low and I believe it will fail the test. I've moved up all my sell-stop orders and expect all of them to fire off in the next week or so.

I could be wrong and I hope that I am. Good luck and best wishes.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Looking at Currency Ratios
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement