UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: purplebutterfly Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75338  
Subject: Re: Retirement funding opinions wanted Date: 11/9/2007 8:04 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
>>Why not just use some of your cash to buy a Roth for the present, or even for the next few years? <<

The cash is really something I need. Some remodeling, a vacation, future car purchase and emergency fund.

>>What are your "aggressive" funds? <<

Putnam Int POVSX
William Blair Growth WBIGX
Fidelity Magellan FMAGX
Janus Research JAMRX

other available choices include
Drefus Bond MArket DBMIX
American Funds American Balance RLBCX
MFS Value MEIAX
Baron Small Cap BSCFX
Franklin Small Mid Cap Growth FRSGX
Franklin Balance FRBSX
Royce Opportunity RYOFX
Comerica 500 Stock index
Comerica destination Funds 2015,2025,2035,2045

Its hard to know..

>>Welcome PurpleButterfly!<<

Thank you. I agree as I go forward I have to much in one basket my earnings and company stock. My stock purchase plan is a good one and I love owning my companies stock.

>>You mention you have a $80K mortgage- What's you monthly payment? <<

payment including a accelerated payment on principal to reduce mortage from 30 to 22 years, condo fees, propery taxes and insurance is around 900 a month. I sold stock for my downpayment on my house. That was the origianal plan for the stock. Since I now own the home I have always wanted the stock can be condsidered retirment funds.

>>Congratulations, when you add in your future savings and you are well on the way to having a million dollars(in today's dollars) when your retire !!!<<

Thanks I like to think I am trying to be on right path but it can be confusing.

>>You might want to consider if there is some enjoyable work or business you could do on the side to bring in a bit more income.<<

The most effective way to do that is volunteer to work OT. But I am getting to the point that I consider my time valuable. I do unpaid volunteer work that is rewarding but not compensated.

>>Mr. (or Ms.) Butterfly<<

That would be Ms Butterfly:)

Thanks everyone for taking the time to answer. I appreciate it.
PB
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement