Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: MichaelRead Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Winner! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19218  
Subject: Re: Hershey Quandry Date: 1/11/2006 1:45 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Guess I'm a hands-on learner, and I'm also open to further feedback from fellow-Fools.

earthelder

You're going to do fine. Take it easy, don't get rushed into something because someone bugs you and remember at all times: the objective of investing is that you sleep well.

Where to diversify? My advice is don't get caught in the stock du jour unless you're willing to constantly check on the market like a day trader. I like stocks that I can essentially forget about. Honestly, I check my portfolio every few months and, as for day to day ups and downs, I don't care.

Best advice I got on stocks was don't play the game of chasing the highs and lows. You decided on a selling point and that's perfect: sell at that point and go on. Beware those who say you 'could have' if you stayed in the market. One of my investing rules is always sell to an eager buyer. So he makes a couple of dollars, good for him, but I made what I wanted. 'Could have' is a stupid.

What you're learning is to trust your own feelings. I read this analyst and that analyst but when the rubber hits the road it's how my gut feels that I listen to.

Realize there's some very knowledgeable people posting here and how they got that knowledge was by getting a whack upside the head and learning from that so you don't have to.

I'd advise getting TMF's paid-for services. One essential reason is that you can use this as a gauge. TMF isn't always right but they're more often right than wrong. The point is see TMF's choices and see how your own gut feels.

It seems I am stressing this gut feeling and I am. You have to live with your choices and, if you feel in your self that the choice goes against what you believe then don't do it even though the stock does rise. Realize you know more than you know and living with what you know is important.

MichaelR

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Intel's Broadwell Potential
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement