UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1976472  
Subject: Gun manufacturers fighting back Date: 2/23/2013 7:53 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Loving it!!

http://cnsnews.com/node/642462

"According to The Police Loophole, 34 companies have joined in publicly stating that governments who seek to restrict 2nd Amendment rights will themselves be restricted from purchasing the items they seek to limit or ban."
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Rightime Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1861953 of 1976472
Subject: Re: Gun manufacturers fighting back Date: 2/23/2013 10:02 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!

These are distributors. I read about this a week ago
http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/constitution/item/14505...

but most of this noise is coming from distributors, not manufacturers.

Author: ramsfanray Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1861957 of 1976472
Subject: Re: Gun manufacturers fighting back Date: 2/23/2013 10:47 PM
Recommendations: 1
It's just noise anyway. They are standing on principle when it doesn't really cost them anything.

I looked up the police Depts of LA, San Fran, New York City, and Chicago. None of them get their service weapons from these companies.

Just for grins, I also looked up some law enforcement agencies in places that these companies would approve of selling their products.

The Highway Patrol of these states: Texas, Alaska, Utah, Idaho, and Louisiana don't use weapons from these companies.

Author: malaoshi Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1861965 of 1976472
Subject: Re: Gun manufacturers fighting back Date: 2/24/2013 12:09 AM
Recommendations: 3
And if/when China or India decides to manufacture quality guns acceptable to the law forces in certain U.S.states, you can bet these same American gun manufacturers are going to howl "unfair!"

I happen to know an immensely wealthy Chinese businessman ( just one of his huge factories manufactures air plane parts in China and sells all over the world) and he mentioned that Chinese entrepreneurs watch carefully when American companies "complain" because that gives the Chinese an indication of where competition might prosper...

I very much hope that gun dealers and distributors go the way of buggy whip sales people.

Author: FCorelli Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1861995 of 1976472
Subject: Re: Gun manufacturers fighting back Date: 2/24/2013 12:01 PM
So I guess there's more to that free market crap than profits? There really are other concerns? But we knew that all along

But of course as someone else has said, right now it's cheap. When using their business AS A WEAPON against people they don't like cuts into the real money... then morals become malleable

Author: NemesisToLibs Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1861997 of 1976472
Subject: Re: Gun manufacturers fighting back Date: 2/24/2013 12:07 PM
Recommendations: 1
"When using their business AS A WEAPON against people they don't like "

ROTFLOL What ridiculous assertion.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement