UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1932545  
Subject: Gun myths shot down Date: 2/4/2013 7:54 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 54
For every instance in which a gun in the home was shot in self-defense, there were 7 criminal assaults or homicides, 4 accidental shootings, and 11 attempted or successful suicides.

In domestic violence situations, the risk of homicide for women increased eightfold when the abuser had access to firearms, according to a study...Another 2003 study...found that females living with a gun in the home were 2.7 times more likely to be murdered than females with no gun at home.

As for the children...guns in the home greatly increase the risk of youth suicides...

The idea that guns are essential to home defense and women’s safety is a myth. It should not be allowed to block the new gun controls that the country so obviously needs.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/03/opinion/sunday/dangerous-g...
Print the post Back To Top
Author: JoshRandall Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1857577 of 1932545
Subject: Re: Gun myths shot down Date: 2/4/2013 1:31 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
I don't give a damn about gun statistics, one way or the other. You and your lib buddies will never take away the right of an individual to bear arms in America or my right to carry a concealed weapon and the right to defend myself.

Carry on with your mental masturbation. I'm going to the range to target shoot so that I can assure that my aim is good and that I can kill any scumbag who tries to do me or my family harm.

You and people like you will never stop this - NEVER!

Take your statistics and put em where the sun don't shine.

Author: nigelwhalmsley Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1857588 of 1932545
Subject: Re: Gun myths shot down Date: 2/4/2013 2:20 PM
Recommendations: 16
"I don't give a damn about gun statistics, one way or the other."

Limiting your information is a good way to justify your views in a vacuum. Pesky facts never get in the way. Good call if you want to remain uninformed.

"You and your lib buddies will never take away the right of an individual to bear arms in America or my right to carry a concealed weapon and the right to defend myself."

Does someone want to take a way that right? Personally, I think it is a fundamental right. Should it be unlimited? No. Should a citizen be able to buy a military style weapon? No. Should anyone owning a gun be held accountable for its safe use and storage? Yes.

"Carry on with your mental masturbation."

Indeed. Enjoy yourself.

"I'm going to the range to target shoot so that I can assure that my aim is good and that I can kill any scumbag who tries to do me or my family harm."

Be sure and shoot first. Let us know how that works for you.

Author: BlueGrits Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1857622 of 1932545
Subject: Re: Gun myths shot down Date: 2/4/2013 4:23 PM
Recommendations: 46
I don't give a damn about gun statistics, one way or the other.

Seems to sum up the Rightie philosophy on a number of things....

Author: 1poorguy Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1857644 of 1932545
Subject: Re: Gun myths shot down Date: 2/4/2013 6:30 PM
Recommendations: 2
I don't give a damn about gun statistics, one way or the other.

Seems to sum up the Rightie philosophy on a number of things....

The Romney campaign articulated this position very well. They were not going to allow "fact-checkers" to dictate policy (or campaign strategy). In essence, facts don't matter.

Which is what the poster was saying too.

Romney did us all a huge favor revealing this aspect of the right, and doing it so openly. A rare glimpse into what they really think. I think they were shocked when it back-fired on them. Ditto Akin and "legitimate rape", and a few others. They truly saw nothing wrong with their statements/positions, and were bewildered when they got blow-back**.

Now they keep that all behind closed doors (and in their "retreats"), so that we don't hear. But the policies/attitudes are still there. Folks like the poster you answered clearly didn't get the memo about the "stupid party", and are still saying these things openly. About all you can do is shake your head, and not turn your back on them.

**Ironically, a term originally used in relation to firearms!

Author: Wessex99 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1857665 of 1932545
Subject: Re: Gun myths shot down Date: 2/4/2013 7:43 PM
Recommendations: 1
It's not productive to argue with sociopaths, no matter how correct and how logical the arguments.

Wessex

Author: MissEdithKeeler Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1857669 of 1932545
Subject: Re: Gun myths shot down Date: 2/4/2013 8:03 PM
Recommendations: 7
Recommendations: 1
I don't give a damn about gun statistics, one way or the other. You and your lib buddies will never take away the right of an individual to bear arms in America or my right to carry a concealed weapon and the right to defend myself.

Carry on with your mental masturbation. I'm going to the range to target shoot so that I can assure that my aim is good and that I can kill any scumbag who tries to do me or my family harm.

You and people like you will never stop this - NEVER!

Take your statistics and put em where the sun don't shine.

In other words, stop trying to confuse you with the actual facts.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement