Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: TiRien Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1797  
Subject: Re: Most Memorable Observations Date: 2/15/2002 7:24 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hale Bopp,

I just had a new scope (10" Meade) but was having troubles getting the thing collimated. After setting it up on a dark spot, a friend and I started looking at HB. But to our disappointment it seemed as if there were some rings around it. My friend studied astronomy and had never seen that around a comet. But try as we might we could not get rid of those rings. I felt quite bad about it, being a new scope and all. The next day at work I thought, lets see if there are any pics on the web about HB. And lo-and-behold THE RINGS WERE THERE, it was NOT a failure of the scope, the rings were seen all over the world!!

I felt GREAT!, it truly felt like having them discovered myself.

I have since learned a lot more about scopes, and have given the Meade a complete remake. It's now better than ever before. And I do have a lot of fun using it. Though I have moved, and don't have dark skies anymore :-(
But I still remember that experience. To me it was truly memorable.

Rien
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

2.1: The Labor Pool Problem
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement