Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: uraudittax One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 625  
Subject: Re: Just 180 messages on this board Date: 2/12/2000 6:32 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hallo lazcnok,

excuse me for answering so slow to your post. Toooo much work took hold of me...
Let me explain the way DCX is seen over here.

In Germany a mercedes is of course a upper class car but in comparison to the US only the upper models are luxury cars, the other types are driven by middle-class. Just imagine that the middle (E-Class) mercedes is the standard cab (Taxi) over here.

In recent times mercedes tried to get hold of the market for smaller cars with the A-Class. I don`t know wether this car is sold in the US, but it directly aims at Volkswagen, Ford and Opel (GM).

Further they tried to build a small trendy car, the smart, which almost flopped. This car is not sold under the name of mercedes and not sold through mercedes-dealers but own subsidiaries.

The CEO, Mr. Shremp has the image to be very aggressive and a close friend of the shareholder value idea.

Their recent problems are the Adtranz-division (railroad) and the above mentioned Smart. Adtranz is rumored to be sold and for the smart they soon will start new models.

Chrysler is, except for the Jeep, almost unknown; so their is a lot to do for them over here.

There are rumours that Daimler will take a knew HQ in the US to get part of the Dow-Jones or so. The opinion is growing, that being a german company was bad for the stockprice and this will change with moving HQ. DCX was hardly attacked for this rumours (Mercedes being sold of to a foreign country). But maybe these thoughts will change regarding the mannesman-vodafone-deal.

Later more
Yours
Uli from munich

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Clorox Isn't Cleaning Up
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement