UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: xraymd Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1043  
Subject: Handyman help in Tucson Date: 2/17/2008 10:19 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Greetings, all, I am turning to the Folly in Arizona board in hopes someone local might have some ideas for me about hiring what I am thinking amounts to handyman help for several odd jobs. There used to be a website called zipingo which was sponsored by Intuit that aimed to fill just this kind of gap - participants could rate services they hired for. But Intuit pulled the plug on this last summer though the need has not gone away.

I am not too familiar with craigslist and would not know how to rely on the services offered, so I am turning to the Fool which I have trusted for nearly 9 years now in search of ideas. Here are some of the things that we could use help with - and I will accept not only handyman suggestions but also general contractor and special service suggestions (like electrical or plumbing or painting or what have you). The most pressing jobs needing attention:

- someone to help realign and possibly nail down a piece of fascia that is sagging down from the contact with the front roof

- a referral for a gutter service (we need gutters on at least one face of the house)

- painting service to paint the iron grill carport doors

- garage door/gate service to look into mechanizing the carport doors (currently manual and a pain in the rain!)

- driveway blacktop/asphalt company

- carpet steamer/cleaner (the only inside-the-house project I can think of right now, but actually there could also be an electrical project too)

- somebody good at assembling patio furniture (lots of screwdriver work needed here and one of us is a weakling and the other has tennis elbow!)

In exchange, we could give a good suggestion for a tree company (had great success with a tree trimming that saved a large tree rather than having to take it down to the stump). I am eager for any referrals or ideas; we are not DIYers! I would also appreciate suggestions for how one actually goes about finding individuals who could do the above work in the absence of any specific referrals. All input appreciated. Thanks!

xraymd
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement