Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (16) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: vr5240 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 57352  
Subject: Happy Anniversary Howie Date: 8/28/2012 3:56 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Oooops, I missed Howie's 11th anniversary yesterday. Shame on me!

Howie, we love your quirky sense of humor. You bring lots of smiles to this board. Let's have a great party! It's been a while.

Please let us know where you would like to go to celebrate. DorMill will be our guide, and I will gas up the QS jet, and Jack will have his cyber Yugo with the full body flame paint job and the swarm-of-bees muffler standing by to pick up those folks who are brave enough to ride with him.

So Howie, where will it be?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: DorMill Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56505 of 57352
Subject: Re: Happy Anniversary Howie Date: 8/28/2012 4:33 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Congrats on 11 years smober!

If you happen to want to go somewhere that is watery, I also have QS rubber dinghy ready to go too.

Author: jackjg1947 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56506 of 57352
Subject: Re: Happy Anniversary Howie Date: 8/29/2012 10:02 AM
Howie, Way to go!

Keep up the good work,

Jack G

///////////////////////////////////////////////

"Jack will have his cyber Yugo with the full body flame paint job and the swarm-of-bees muffler standing by to pick up those folks who are brave enough to ride with him."

They needn't be brave. Foolish will do.

Author: ekavana186 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56507 of 57352
Subject: Re: Happy Anniversary Howie Date: 8/29/2012 10:17 AM
They needn't be brave. Foolish will do.

I cll shotgun!

Congrats Howie.

Ed

Author: jackjg1947 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56508 of 57352
Subject: Re: Happy Anniversary Howie Date: 8/29/2012 12:07 PM
OK, Ed, you appear to be qualified.

JG

Author: catfyre Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56509 of 57352
Subject: Re: Happy Anniversary Howie Date: 8/29/2012 3:04 PM
Congratulations Howie! I know exactly what 11 years without smoking is like, - and the main thing is, we is still here to enjoy it!
(Not smoking, that is :o)

Cheers, - for lots more smoke-free years to come!

cat

Author: Howie52 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56510 of 57352
Subject: Re: Happy Anniversary Howie Date: 8/29/2012 5:39 PM
"Oooops, I missed Howie's 11th anniversary yesterday."

And miss, I missed your missing.

Where?
Well - since we are running a tad behind, praps we'd better stay
close - say Ashville,NC. Winery is a good one. Mountains are cool.
And dulicmers are plentiful.

Course, you have to put the hammer down at times.

Howie52

Author: DorMill Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56511 of 57352
Subject: Re: Happy Anniversary Howie Date: 8/29/2012 6:25 PM
Interesting place and beautiful too! I couldn't find the winery but I found these:

www.exploreasheville.com/

www.exploreasheville.com/phototour/?photo=41

blog.exploreasheville.com/2012/08/sunrise-at-looking-glass

www.exploreasheville.com/things-to-do/

blog.exploreasheville.com/2012/08/kayak-on-your-belly

Kayak-on-your-belly? That looks like fun and fits in well with the QS rubber dinghy.

Author: CoffeeladyinFL Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56512 of 57352
Subject: Re: Happy Anniversary Howie Date: 8/29/2012 7:37 PM
Congrats Howie!!!

Linda

Author: Howie52 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56513 of 57352
Subject: Re: Happy Anniversary Howie Date: 8/29/2012 11:31 PM
"Kayak-on-your-belly? "

More like "bob and weave" for my belly.

And the winery is in the Biltmore Estates.

Author: sellers Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56514 of 57352
Subject: Re: Happy Anniversary Howie Date: 8/30/2012 12:39 AM
Ready to party anywhere you say, Howie!! Congratulations!!

Author: DorMill Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56515 of 57352
Subject: Re: Happy Anniversary Howie Date: 8/30/2012 2:06 AM
Recommendations: 1
www.biltmore.com/

Found it! Wow, what a place.

Author: ehore Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56516 of 57352
Subject: Re: Happy Anniversary Howie Date: 8/30/2012 11:39 AM
Hey, thanks for having an anniversary Howie! I'm up in Maine now and it gave me an excuse to have another lobstah roll! Of course I rode my bike the 25 miles to theClam Shack in Kennebunkport and back I don't feel guilty. Debbie and I stopped by the Biltmore Estate on our way to the Reunion of Fools Who Had Never Met back in 2004. I figured that, if I followed the Gardner's investing advice, I'd be able to afford a small place like that by now. For some reason all I could afford was a bicycle to ride around it! Oh well. Congratulations Howie!

Author: vr5240 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56518 of 57352
Subject: Re: Happy Anniversary Howie Date: 8/30/2012 8:09 PM
Wow! The Biltmore Estate is FABULOUS!!! The gardens are so beautiful, especially in mid-summer. And the winery – what can I say? Whatever I have to say is a little slurred, after all that wine tasting. Howie, thanks for bringing us here.

Now, we are gathered in the Great Hall of the Biltmore Estate, let’s have the medal ceremony. Howie, please allow me to place this medal around your neck. It is made of precious platinum, encrusted with diamonds, and has the number eleven spelled out in emeralds and rubies. Wear it well, my friend. You’ve given us many laughs over these 11 years, but this is a serious moment of sincere appreciation.

Hugs.

Verna

Author: shelley511 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56521 of 57352
Subject: Re: Happy Anniversary Howie Date: 9/2/2012 2:31 PM
Recommendations: 4
Howie,

Wow, am I late to the party. It's all over except for a few bodies still hanging around too drunk to leave the Winery.
Howie, your sense of humor is one of the best things this old board has going for it. May you and your wit stay around for many years.

Congrats on your great achicevement.

Shelley

Author: Howie52 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56534 of 57352
Subject: Re: Happy Anniversary Howie Date: 9/7/2012 8:02 PM
"Now, we are gathered in the Great Hall of the Biltmore Estate, let’s have the medal ceremony. Howie, please allow me to place this medal around your neck. It is made of precious platinum, encrusted with diamonds, and has the number eleven spelled out in emeralds and rubies. Wear it well, my friend."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

thank you all.

But excuse me - the custodians tell me I need to help dust the nic naks.

Howie52
Quitting smoking requires having people you care about and that you
can talk to about the complexities of habits and forming new
ones.
Y'all are so important.
Never forget that y'all have helped me stay a non-smoker these years.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (16) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement