Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: tonyromo1741 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 51233  
Subject: Happy Birthday, Mr Aaron... Date: 2/5/2013 6:00 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Hammerin Hank turns 79 today!!!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: 307wolverine Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48417 of 51233
Subject: Re: Happy Birthday, Mr Aaron... Date: 2/5/2013 6:28 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Trivia: Hank had a brother (Tommy) who has 13 ML HRs in his career. Sadly, Tommy is no longer with us.

Author: bdluckyshot Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48418 of 51233
Subject: Re: Happy Birthday, Mr Aaron... Date: 2/5/2013 6:46 PM
Recommendations: 0
Yeah, but it only took Babe Ruth 53 years to get in 79 years of living.

Author: Fuskie Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Ticker Guide SC1 Red Winner of the 2010 Rule Breakers Challenge Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48419 of 51233
Subject: Re: Happy Birthday, Mr Aaron... Date: 2/5/2013 7:47 PM
Recommendations: 1
If The Babe had taken better care of himself, he might have lived to 79.

Fuskie
Who notes that for all Ruth felt he was oppressed by owners, Aaron has overcome much more in his career and life...

Author: 307wolverine Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 48420 of 51233
Subject: Re: Happy Birthday, Mr Aaron... Date: 2/5/2013 7:53 PM
Recommendations: 2
Who notes that for all Ruth felt he was oppressed by owners, Aaron has overcome much more in his career and life...

But Hank was raised in a stable (albeit poor) family environment. The Babe not-so-much.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement