UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: sdps One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308557  
Subject: Happy Dance Date: 9/21/2001 1:48 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 9
The moment I've been waiting for all summer long has finally arrived!

Good-bye Household Bank and 23.99% interest!!!

I was a bit hesitant to go ahead and make the final payment with all the events lately (as a mere piano teacher, I figure my income will be the first to go if parents really have to conserve funds....piano lessons are not a complete necessity). But thanks to DH who is a great encourager and teammate, I made the electronic payment tonight.

Next target....Sears!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: eachna Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 91596 of 308557
Subject: Re: Happy Dance Date: 9/21/2001 2:37 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Congratulations!!!

Wild Weasel war-dances of happiness (depsite Humperdink's being caged up at home, for being caught hanging out of the silverware drawer once again! This is only the 1001st time or so!)

Gwen
(who commonly warns anyone who comes to use the silverware that comes straight out of the dishwasher, because Humperdink can lock *us* out of the drawer, but, we cannot lock him out!!!)

Author: malibu114 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 91601 of 308557
Subject: Re: Happy Dance Date: 9/21/2001 7:37 AM
Recommendations: 0
WooHoo!!!
Congratulations!

Donna

Author: devbost One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 91620 of 308557
Subject: Re: Happy Dance Date: 9/21/2001 10:44 AM
Recommendations: 1
Congrats!

I actually have a good opinion of Household as far as CC companies go, since I had a really positive experience with one of their customer service reps a while back. I basically forgot that my payment was due to them and tried to make a quick e-payment the night before the due date. It told me that it couldn't process it in time, since they need two business days to access the money from my bank. I knew about the two-day rule, and so it was totally my fault. Hating the thought of a $25 late fee, I called them up to see what I could do. The rep told me she could do a phone transfer which would get the money there in time, but it would cost $12. When I asked if there was any way I could do the e-payment and have her put down a note so that it wouldn't be counted as late, she told me that the following day was her day off, but there was something that she needed to be in the office for the next day, and she would wave her magic wand for me and make it happen. A few days later, I checked, and she was as good as her word. So there you have it: a rare instance of excellent CC company customer service!

-Devin

Author: sdps One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 91684 of 308557
Subject: Re: Happy Dance Date: 9/22/2001 5:45 PM
Devin,

I agree with you about Household. I will keep the account open for a while to improve my debt ratio but I am so glad to NOT owe them anything anymore.

They were the first to go because they had both the highest interest rate and the lowest balance. This gives me much confidence to tackle the next card.

Author: joycets Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 91721 of 308557
Subject: Re: Happy Dance Date: 9/23/2001 4:06 PM
Good-bye Household Bank and 23.99% interest!!!
I was a bit hesitant to go ahead and make the final payment with all the events lately (as a mere piano teacher, I figure my income will be the first to go if parents really have to conserve funds....piano lessons are not a complete necessity). But thanks to DH who is a great encourager and teammate, I made the electronic payment tonight.
Next target....Sears!

SDPS, with all the singin & playing & orchestral renditions of "God Bless America" & all that I figure the importance of musicians to times of stress is NOT going to be lost on us, and some of the trickle down to parents, kids, and the music teachers who teach them, will survive. I think maybe music lessons will pick up ! Or at least the kids will care more.

joycets fiddlin fool

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement