UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: weat572 Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308881  
Subject: Happy Dance Date: 2/4/2002 1:24 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 22
I have been holding back on all the little happy dances, waiting to have a big one once we are completely debt-free, but since I haven't decided whether to stay or not here we go.

Discover is paid off. $6,800 3 short years ago and now it is gone. There are only two left out of eight credit cards and only 3k left of the 40k we owed three years ago. In that time I have found the TMF and learned much about saving and LBYM but most of all about Managing Credit card debt.

As far as plans go it was pretty average. Add an extra part time job. Get the match on the 401k. Pay more than the minimum. STOP USING THE CARDS. Pay til it hurts and then pay some more.

While I don't post here often I read almost daily and you alll will never know how many times your encouragements have kept my wife and I going on with this plan. While I may not be here to celebrate the final payoff scheduled for April 15, 2002(Nice ironic date eh?) I wanted to share the elation with all of those who have helped in big and small ways for us to reach this point.

Karl
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Neglectarino Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 110403 of 308881
Subject: Re: Happy Dance Date: 2/4/2002 2:06 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I have been holding back on all the little happy dances, waiting to have a big one once we are completely debt-free, but since I haven't decided whether to stay or not here we go.

I'm also waiting to hold the Big Kahuna Happy Dance Luau when I've paid off all of my revolving credit debt. I plan on staying with the Fool since I find that reading these boards keeps me on the straight & narrow path. It's easier to keep plugging away when I have so many great role models here. I'm not comfortable discussing the intimate details of my personal finances with my friends/family/coworkers, and while I do discuss things with them in general terms, it is *so much* nicer coming here and not have to explain my stupid past decisions. I hope you decide to pay & stay, too.

Discover is paid off. $6,800 3 short years ago and now it is gone.

So...CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! That is super! Discover was also one of my own betes noires! Ended up BTing it just to get rid of them, so no happy dance for me on that debt--it just got moved around, not paid off.

Be well,
-Neglectarino

Author: GlowWyrm One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 110406 of 308881
Subject: Re: Happy Dance Date: 2/4/2002 2:08 PM
Recommendations: 1
Congrats Karl. You've really accomplished a lot.

Author: eachna Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 110454 of 308881
Subject: Re: Happy Dance Date: 2/4/2002 4:19 PM
While I don't post here often I read almost daily and you alll will never know how many times your encouragements have kept my wife and I going on with this plan. While I may not be here to celebrate the final payoff scheduled for April 15, 2002(Nice ironic date eh?) I wanted to share the elation with all of those who have helped in big and small ways for us to reach this point.

I think it's great to hear that your debt is paid down, especially that you're in the 'home stretch' of the last few months.

Wild weasel war-dances of happiness...

(especially since Humperdink the ferret got his jaws around my nice leather sandals and dragged them off, which is a pretty high Weasel Happiness Rating)

Gwen

Author: bigML One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 110511 of 308881
Subject: Re: Happy Dance Date: 2/4/2002 9:23 PM
Congratulations!

And have the same date for my cc pay off (4/15/02).

bigML

Author: foolwizard Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 110764 of 308881
Subject: Re: Happy Dance Date: 2/5/2002 10:22 PM

Discover is paid off. $6,800 3 short years ago and now it is gone. There are only two left out of eight credit cards and only 3k left of the 40k we owed three years ago. In that time I have found the TMF and learned much about saving and LBYM but most of all about Managing Credit card debt.

Well, I'm glad that you've decided to start dancing now. With 37K paid down you've obviously had an eventful 3 years! :)

What are your plans for after the big dance? With the credit cards paid off, you could have $37K tucked away in investments/savings in the next three years. Have you started planning for that??

Good luck!

foolwizard

Author: weat572 Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 110769 of 308881
Subject: Re: Happy Dance Date: 2/5/2002 10:33 PM
What are your plans for after the big dance? With the credit cards paid off, you could have $37K tucked away in
investments/savings in the next three years. Have you started planning for that??

Well, we will begin looking to buy a house this summer. Hopefully it will be a place to live for 30 or 40 years. In our area that means a place in the 80-100k range. After that I sure we can think of a few things.

Author: Mangard Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 110807 of 308881
Subject: Re: Happy Dance Date: 2/6/2002 8:36 AM
Recommendations: 1
Congratulations to you!

Even though you might not stay at the least you can take the information and knowledge gained in order to continue to snowball.

One of the most important lessons to learn from the Fool is to educate yourself about your finances - whether that is through their site, from books, or others around you with experience.

Mangard

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement