UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: CathiB Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 4656  
Subject: Happy Dance for me Date: 1/4/2004 2:43 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 23
Someday I'll arrange somehow to post pictures of all of the things I've done over the past couple of years...until then..I'll just have to describe my happy dance.

We've lived in this house for 8.5 years. We were the first owners of the home. All of the carpeted areas have that wonderful beige carpet that is in every new home you've ever seen. To say the carpet in the den has been disgusting would be a huge understatement. After two kids with no "keep food out of the den" rule the carpet has really taken a beating. A couple of years ago I decided that, instead of having it professionally steam cleaned, I would save the money I would have spent on that...and eventually have it replaced. So, I just vacuumed alot and apologized to visitors.

For the past 5 days my DH and kiddos have been out of town at the in laws...I finally had enough money saved up so I took off for Lowes and purchased Bruce Hardwood Easy Elegance gunstock oak flooring. I would say it took me about 15 hours to do the 225 square foot room...all by myself. It would have gone faster with help...but I enjoyed every minute of it.

IT IS BEAUTIFUL!! The past two nights I just lay on my sofa and stare at my floor....I'm so proud I could burst. DH is on his way home, so we'll see if he's as impressed as I am. I also painted the room while the carpet was out and before I put the hardwoods in. I rag rolled a faux finish. It's just beautiful.

Happy New Year to All!

CB
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement