Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: JGBFool Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 82334  
Subject: Happy Fooliversary, Bob! Date: 10/11/2012 5:58 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
Glad you're a BBQ Fool!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: MikeInIndy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 77810 of 82334
Subject: Re: Happy Fooliversary, Bob! Date: 10/11/2012 6:43 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Party up, Bob! Glad yer here!

Author: blueberryhill Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 77812 of 82334
Subject: Re: Happy Fooliversary, Bob! Date: 10/11/2012 8:27 PM
Glad you're a BBQ Fool!

JGB
Blue

PS: I copied and pasted from JGB so I added his name.
Blue (practicing thievery since first grade. I think I was
in first grade on a pirates ship back in 1800)

Author: MikeInIndy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 77813 of 82334
Subject: Re: Happy Fooliversary, Bob! Date: 10/11/2012 8:31 PM
Arrrr, Miss Blue.

Author: NoIDAtAll Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 77814 of 82334
Subject: Re: Happy Fooliversary, Bob! Date: 10/11/2012 9:17 PM
Recommendations: 1
Thanks, all, very much - It's really great to be here!... Dis is one of my most favoritist boards, anywhere, quite flankly!!

I got home a little late to BBQ! Big Mama's moved from their sit-down restaurant that was close to where I live, to not too far from where I work - Same great BBQ (I picked up some der a few weeks ago for da office - every body liked it), but now it's more like a drive thru and they work behind bullet resistant Pexiglass - Prolly not a bad idea in da new location they're trying. They have another location at Clinton Hill Golf Course, not as close (or quaint), but not too far from where I live, so I might give dat a try: http://bigmamasbbq.com/pages/clinton-hill-menu/index.aspx

Ju Gong just called, inviting me for dinner at his family's home. I never know what he and his wife and other guests will prepare, but it's always very good, if not great, and a very enjoyable time to spend with very good friends... Life has been very kind to me!!... Gotta go, figuratively speaking. ~ ~

Bob

Author: NoIDAtAll Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 77815 of 82334
Subject: Re: Happy Fooliversary, Bob! Date: 10/12/2012 5:09 AM
Here it is, Friday morning, pretty early. Ju Gong stir fried a number of dishes - not his best, but not too bad.

I axed him how he stir fries his Bok Choy, a vegetable he almost always serves with every meal that he prepares.

He told me that he starts with heating some oil in a wok, adds some salt, lets it heat, then adds some freshly chopped garlic, until it gives off am aroma, and then adds cleaned and chopped Bok Choy and tosses it in his wok in the hot oil, garlic and salt until it's done - tender, wilted and infused with oil, garlic and salt - pretty good.

Author: JGBFool Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 77816 of 82334
Subject: Re: Happy Fooliversary, Bob! Date: 10/12/2012 9:26 AM

Shiverrr me timberrrs. Keep that up and you'll have to walk the plank!

Author: MikeInIndy Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 77817 of 82334
Subject: Re: Happy Fooliversary, Bob! Date: 10/12/2012 9:37 AM
Were ya learnin' yer Arrr-B-C's, Blue?

Author: blueberryhill Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 77818 of 82334
Subject: Re: Happy Fooliversary, Bob! Date: 10/12/2012 10:14 AM
" Were ya learnin' yer Arrr-B-C's, Blue?"

Arrr-B-C's, I never larned my Arr- B- C's... that's why I can't spell
too good and why I always say when I know I have lots of arrows..:)

"please take all my mistooks for friendship and love"

Blue

Author: NoIDAtAll Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 77819 of 82334
Subject: Re: Happy Fooliversary, Bob! Date: 10/12/2012 10:33 AM

Shiverrr me timberrrs. Keep that up and you'll have to walk the plank!

*Smack* - You'll be walking da plank in her stead, or be hung from a yardarm, if you be talkin' 'bout Blue dat way, son... I be thunking 'bout taking out some death insurance on you, meownself, me - Go study, and try to learn sumtin'. Smack <g>

Author: JGBFool Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 77820 of 82334
Subject: Re: Happy Fooliversary, Bob! Date: 10/12/2012 4:05 PM
*Smack* - You'll be walking da plank in her stead, or be hung from a yardarm, if you be talkin' 'bout Blue dat way, son... I be thunking 'bout taking out some death insurance on you, meownself, me - Go study, and try to learn sumtin'. Smack

Better look out, Bob. One of the things I've been required to learn in the Middle School Education program is Ninja Martial Arts 543 (graduate level). Apparently Middle Schoolers are a bit rougher than they used to be way back when.

Author: NoIDAtAll Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 77821 of 82334
Subject: Re: Happy Fooliversary, Bob! Date: 10/13/2012 12:41 AM
Better look out, Bob. One of the things I've been required to learn in the Middle School Education program is Ninja Martial Arts 543 (graduate level). Apparently Middle Schoolers are a bit rougher than they used to be way back when.

One of my friends, since Lutheran Grade School, played football in high school (and I played baseball a little wid him when I was in my early teens - I got to play pitcher, cuz I could throw a hardball 62 MPH when I wer eleventeen - cough. Da Little League coach of the team took me out of a game when I threw a wild pitch (which often happened) and broke a batter's forearm ~ Our team wer winnin' da game, until da coach took me out - Most of da batters on da udder team took der stance outside of da batter's box - smart dem. I once caught this guy at his home: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Parker_%28baseball%29 and realized my limitations.

At our 45-year class reunion, I talked with the guy who caught for both me and another class member who threw a baseball faster than I did. I apologized for being so wild. He told me, "You weren't nearly as bad as Mike - He routinely hit the front of the plate!!" <BG>

Wer wuz I - Oh yeah, I now 'member - My friend, Don (I'll leave out his last name, cuz him don't like receiving hate mail) has "coached" gym and high school football, wid a couple of State Championships - I dunno what State... I'm thunking da state of Georgia, cuz dey don't need to wear no helmuts der, dem. <g>

Anyway, da first thing that he sed he done did wid a new class wuz to confiscate der cell phones - He sed dat cut da athletes' drug trafficking by 99%, and den he ran 'em, until der were holes in der shoes - Great guy, axually - I talked with him about going fishing with me at Coffeen Lake. I look forward to it.

Bob

Author: NoIDAtAll Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 77822 of 82334
Subject: Re: Happy Fooliversary, Bob! Date: 10/13/2012 12:58 AM
Apparently Middle Schoolers are a bit rougher than they used to be way back when.

Yep. *sigh*

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (13) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement