Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: vr5240 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 58676  
Subject: Happy New Year Date: 1/1/2003 11:36 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Hi Everyone. This is my first time posting to this board. I wandered over here from the Quit Smoking Board. That gives you an idea of how I put on the extra 20 pounds.

Actually, I am a yoyo and have been for years. I am a graduate of Tops, Diet Workshop and Weight Watchers. And yes, I hit my goal weight in all of them and eventually gained it back.

Last week I went to my doctor. She checked me out and could not say enough about how good my health was for a person my age (62). However, she said five times, "You need to go back to Weight Watchers!" I wonder if she has stock in the company. LOL

I will indeed go back to Weight Watchers, but the enthusiasm is not there, like it was the first time. I really need a support group like this. It sure worked with the smoking quit. I quit one year and three months ago. I see some of my helpers from that group are here waiting to help me with the weight loss endeavor.

So I just want to say hi to all my new friends here and wish all of you a very happy and healthy new year.

Hugs.

Verna
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Heads Up, Real Estate Investors
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement