Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: malaoshi Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 193219  
Subject: Happy New year to all! Date: 1/1/2013 11:36 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 7
We sat together over a nice dinner in a water view restaurant and realized we had spent 50 New Years' Eves together though we met ( and heartily disliked each other) 53 years ago...

He's still interesting, generous, loving and funny...How did I get so lucky? We should be thinner, we could be richer....but we are the lucky ones.

Our synagogue housed city homeless families for the two weeks before and over Christmas. We had Santa, the Christmas tree, two turkeys and all the works, and as much joy and food as could be shared in that situation. I was one of the cooks...

But can you imagine ...two days ago they all had to pick up and move to yet another place, a church, to stay yet again in beds they don't know, with pillows they are not used to, a bathroom that is new to them and once again, not able to choose their own food or places of comfort? And always surrounded by others?

I sound like a preacher...but I know we have to try even harder to make the world a better place.

Enough sermonizing...May this board be full of reports of happy healthy posters doing things they love, and may we take care of each other, even just by posting, when a Boomer has a tougher time...

Best wishes to all for 2013,... and may Stanford win today!!!!
Big Momma
Print the post Back To Top
Author: BobSch Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 191355 of 193219
Subject: Re: Happy New year to all! Date: 1/1/2013 11:46 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
And a Happy Balloon Day to you!

Bob

Author: bosslady52 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 191356 of 193219
Subject: Re: Happy New year to all! Date: 1/1/2013 2:10 PM
Happy Fooliversary, Big Momma!

Author: RainyDayWoman Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 191357 of 193219
Subject: Re: Happy New year to all! Date: 1/1/2013 8:00 PM
Happy New Year AND Happy Fooliversary.

RDW

Author: chkNYC Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 191359 of 193219
Subject: Re: Happy New year to all! Date: 1/1/2013 9:05 PM
May this board be full of reports of happy healthy posters doing things they love, and may we take care of each other, even just by posting, when a Boomer has a tougher time

Big Momma:

Those are good thoughts -- I second them.

And Happy Fooliversary!

Christina

Author: SirYoda Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 191360 of 193219
Subject: Re: Happy New year to all! Date: 1/1/2013 10:00 PM
Well said, Big Momma! Happy New Year to all Boomers, near and far! And Happy Ballooniversary to Big Momma!

Author: RocketsMomma Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 191361 of 193219
Subject: Re: Happy New year to all! Date: 1/1/2013 10:06 PM
Happy New Year and Happy Foolishversary.

RM

Author: sellers Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 191362 of 193219
Subject: Re: Happy New year to all! Date: 1/1/2013 11:30 PM
Recommendations: 2
Lovely balloons! Happy Fooliversery!

I was pulling for Wisconsin but glad someone is glad at the outcome :-) Was also pulling for Michigan. Sigh! Wanted ISU to win the other day. ASU won, which made us happy. Lots of ups and downs in the bowl games, but great to be a fan.

I, too, wish there was a better world for people. Hard to imagine the world beyond your daily life, but it's there and sometimes it's not friendly. I pray for peace. I pray for acceptance and understanding.

Blessings on all my Fool friends!

Joan, taking her cold to bed

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement