UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 59145  
Subject: Harrison Ford Elected to AIA Board Date: 5/20/2008 2:03 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
Here's a fun article about Harrison Ford being elected to a real Archeaology board. Turns out he has a real commitment to real archeaology. I'm posted on this board because I really wasn't wanting this to turn into a political discussion.

Harrison Ford Elected to AIA Board
May 16, 2008

"Indiana Jones" shows his commitment to real archaeology.

After years of being identified on screen as the legendary archaeologist "Indiana Jones," actor Harrison Ford has won election to the Board of Directors of the Archaeological Institute of America. With his Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull set to hit U.S. movie theaters on May 22, the film star commented on his real world dedication to archaeology, "Knowledge is power, and understanding the past can only help us in dealing with the present and the future."

full article can be read @:

http://www.archaeological.org/webinfo.php?page=10477

Artie
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Gingko100 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12559 of 59145
Subject: Re: Harrison Ford Elected to AIA Board Date: 5/20/2008 7:57 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
And here I thought you meant the American Institute of Architects.

I had a total, "whaaaaaaaaa???" moment.

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12560 of 59145
Subject: Re: Harrison Ford Elected to AIA Board Date: 5/20/2008 10:33 PM
Recommendations: 0
I remember reading some article online about Harrison Ford saving a young woman who was lost in the wilderness, somewhere in Wyoming. Turns out Harrison Ford is a member of some rescue squad where he lives and knows how to fly helicopters. Can you imagine how surprised she must of been when Indiana Jones appeared and saved her? - Art

Harrison Ford Biography
Tiscali have created this exclusive biography of Harrison Ford - we believe it ... In 2000, he used his helicopter to save 20-year-old Sarah George when she was dying of dehydration on Table Mountain, near Jackson Hole in Wyoming, where Ford has owned a ranch since 1985.

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/entertainment/film/biographies/harr...

Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12561 of 59145
Subject: Re: Harrison Ford Elected to AIA Board Date: 5/21/2008 12:14 AM
<<I remember reading some article online about Harrison Ford saving a young woman who was lost in the wilderness, somewhere in Wyoming. Turns out Harrison Ford is a member of some rescue squad where he lives and knows how to fly helicopters. Can you imagine how surprised she must of been when Indiana Jones appeared and saved her? - Art
>>

I've been involved in two helecopter rescues, one off of Mt Rainier and the other off the glaciers of Mt Baker in northern Washington State. Helecopters are so noisy and windy that they create a chaotic situation unless you know what you want to do.

Just guessing, but she probably had no idea what was happening or by whom.

Seattle Pioneer

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12562 of 59145
Subject: Re: Harrison Ford Elected to AIA Board Date: 5/21/2008 3:12 AM
Just guessing, but she probably had no idea what was happening or by whom. - Seattle Pioneer

I was trying to be funny.

Artie

Author: SeattlePioneer Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12563 of 59145
Subject: Re: Harrison Ford Elected to AIA Board Date: 5/21/2008 5:09 AM
Recommendations: 1
<<Just guessing, but she probably had no idea what was happening or by whom. - Seattle Pioneer

I was trying to be funny.
>>

Sorry for stepping on your joke with too much literalism.

It IS a good image!

Seattle Pioneer

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement