UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: legalwordwarrior Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75812  
Subject: Has anybody heard of this? Date: 12/5/2007 2:28 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hi! New to this board, but post on others. Has anyone here ever heard of an HIRA? Apparently, it stands for Health Investment Retirement Account. The idea is that you invest in 3 trust funds that are part of the health industry and then get dividends from them. I'm thinking scam, but thought I'd look into it to see if anyone has heard of or had experience with this type of investing.

Thanks for your input,

LWW
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ziggy29 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 60338 of 75812
Subject: Re: Has anybody heard of this? Date: 12/5/2007 2:32 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
>> Hi! New to this board, but post on others. Has anyone here ever heard of an HIRA? Apparently, it stands for Health Investment Retirement Account. The idea is that you invest in 3 trust funds that are part of the health industry and then get dividends from them. I'm thinking scam, but thought I'd look into it to see if anyone has heard of or had experience with this type of investing. <<

I suppose they can exist but as far as I know they have no official meaning in the tax code. Sounds like they are not IRAs at all, but accounts where you put money into some trust and receive taxable dividends.

How this is different from opening up your own brokerage or mutual fund accounts and investing in dividend-paying health care stocks, mutual funds and ETFs is beyond me. The main difference is probably huge fees.

Author: legalwordwarrior Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 60339 of 75812
Subject: Re: Has anybody heard of this? Date: 12/5/2007 4:08 PM
Recommendations: 0
It looked to me like a simple case of getting dividends for owning shares of a certain company, in this case, a healthcare trust. I'm thinking the one who actually makes the money is the guy who charges for the "newsletter"

LWW
skeptical

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement