Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: BruceBrown Big gold star, 5000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 8954  
Subject: Re: LAWs of Golf Date: 8/3/2001 7:24 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Has anybody out here had any experience with the LAWs of Golf method of instruction/play ???

Yes. I bought the book a couple of years ago following an article about L, A, W in one of the golf periodicals. I'm pretty much a pure Arc swinger. Six foot, four inches with an upright swing that is a real hands/arms oriented swing using a fairly neutral to weak grip. You cannot imagine how many times I have heard through the years by playing partners or 'teachers' about how upright and long my swing is. "Take it back only to here." "Swing more around your body." "Strengthen that grip." You think they would know the swings of Davis Love, Payne Stewart (may he rest in peace), Colin Montgomery, Phil Mickelson, etc... . So the LAW's book was nice confirmation for me that I naturally swing like I do because of my body type and could forget all that advice directed towards a leverage or width body type swing. I now know what to practice and can forget about the rest. If I took the club around on a flatter plane I would hit all the long clubs dead right or left with a big yellow fruit to the right. I did help teach a friend of mine here last summer how to swing the golf club via some driving range visits. I correctly identified his natural swing and body type as the 'width' category. He never played the game of golf before (from Bulgaria) and I instructed him from his first swing using the width characteristics with proper grip, set-up and swing length. He caught on so quickly because everything that he shouldn't be trying was elimanated from the get go. He thinks golf is 'easy'. (Little does he know....)

The only pisser is that I loaned my copy of LAW's out to somebody in the past year and they never returned it.

In the tape, which is obviously put together "cookie cutter" style, I was identified as a leverage player. Now that I am reading the book, it obviously identifies me as a width player.

It could very well be you are a blend of the two as very few are "pure" in terms of being only one type. The proof is in the ball flight and consistency of striking. The long clubs show this off quicker and more precisely than the shorter irons. Driver, 3 wood, 2/3/4 irons tell all. The book describes the process you need to go through to blend two types and the set-ups required before you swing to play with a blend. It's a good theory about body types and swing types.

BB

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

U.S. Stable, Europe Stalling
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement