Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: TDMENEUF Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 58675  
Subject: Has Anyone noticed? Date: 2/24/2001 6:55 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 34
I just realized that there are over 18,000 messages on this board in 14 months, congratulations to pattipf3 with this simple post in thanks to another poster: http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=14418539 , in it's own simple way it totally captures the spirit of this board.

I am in awe of this group. We started this board on December 11, 1999 as a place for Fools to gather and support each other in their weight loss efforts and travel down the road together as we worked towards a healthier lifestyle. We set the rules, we changed the rules and we took off. We decided from the beginning that this was not the place to fight, flame or otherwise be cruel, but to support, understand and be there for one another. We decided almost from the beginning that is was a group effort and treat each other like the family that we all dreamed off. Not the TV style family, but the one that loves not so much unconditionally but accepts each other.

We have had our share of trolls, but if you notice, not the usual amount. Why? Because we have refused to rise to their bait and we see through those who come here to taunt and tease. We have set a standard that other boards could learn from. And before you all come forward and say it was me, my leadership or whatever you might come up with, just remember, NONE of it would have worked if you hadn't all agreed to the rules that were set down. You all agreed to accept one another, despite any differences you might have on other boards, when you come here, you forget those other boards and either cheer each other on or sympathize or support each other with advice, love and caring.

I may be the board Mommy, but you are the true core of the family and I couldn't have asked for a better group to be the Mother of. Thank you everyone for all your hard work, research, advice and love over the past 14 months. Thank you for being the best on line family anyone could ask for.

Deannda
Here's to the best family board on the Fool!
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Netflix Riles Investors
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement