UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (153) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: WuLong Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1950196  
Subject: Re: I dont believe man causes Global Warming Date: 2/24/2013 10:14 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
has been proven to openly lie and present bogus data to gain support. In fact, the manipulation of data, and many other statements that alarmists refuse to comment on, has done more to set back the acceptance of any reports than any political ideology ever has.
Yes, the alarmist never bring up Climate-gate, do they?
Funny that.

As long as we are discussing data manipulation, I'd like to take another crack at that IPCC statement.
Since IPCC’s first report in 1990, assessed projections have suggested global average temperature increases between about 0.15°C and 0.3°C per decade for 1990 to 2005. This can now be compared with observed values of about 0.2°C per decade, strengthening confidence in near-term projections.
The 5yr average at the end of 2005 was .26°C higher than at the beginning of 1990. Divide that out and you get .162°C per decade.
Now, round that and you do indeed get about 0.2°C so their statement is not untrue, but it is also far more correct to say it is about 0.15°C, at the low range of estimation.
Why didn't they do that? Hmmmmmm........

I know salaryguru and JCDRex will never address that point head on. How do you describe that as anything more than overstatement?

Another point to consider, which of IPCC's scenarios are we in?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Report_on_Emissions_Sce...
I'd argue that we are in A1FI. If you agree (and I'd love to hear contrary evidence - really, cuz I don't see it) then the IPCC prediction is an increase of 2.42°C – 6.42°C by 2100. In order for that to happen, we need to see temperature increases that are at least what we saw throughout the '90s and see them soon. Considering the platuea we've had for the last 15 years, that would look something like (tell me you saw this coming) a hockey stick, wouldn't it?

Data: ftp://ftp.ncdc.noaa.gov/pub/data/anomalies/monthly.land_ocea...

IPCC also calls for 0.26 – 0.59 meter increase in sea level. On the climate change board one poster reports sea level increase has held steady at 3mm per year for 20 years, which is at the low range also.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (153) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement