Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: llamalluv Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 145  
Subject: Has this board died? Date: 5/17/2007 10:51 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I'm getting ready to maybe sign up for a new class that starts next week.

Is belly dance out of vogue now?

:-(
Print the post Back To Top
Author: texasmart One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 125 of 145
Subject: Re: Has this board died? Date: 5/17/2007 2:23 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
I'm still dancing. Just had our "belly dance extravaganza" in April. It was lots of fun, even though mistakes were made (apparently when two dancers don't wear their glasses, they tend to somehow run into each other on stage!) I, of course, was one of said dancers :=0

Author: llamalluv Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 126 of 145
Subject: Re: Has this board died? Date: 5/18/2007 9:57 AM
OH! How embarrassing! I bet you recovered well, though. You don't seem too upset about it now.

I just signed up yesterday for a class called Belly Jam. I'm hoping it will help me slim down a little bit. I've lost 10 pounds in the past four weeks, just following the Weight Watchers food guidelines, but my lifestyle is really lacking in daily exercise.

Author: DBAVelvet74 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 127 of 145
Subject: Re: Has this board died? Date: 5/20/2007 12:07 PM
I'm still dancing, however right now life is getting in the way some evenings and I've missed a lot of class.

I'll probably take the summer off (she teaches folkloric rather than the regular BD) and then get back to it full steam in the Fall.

The BD we did at my wedding recetption was a huge hit though! I'll have to see if I can upload some pics sometime.

Author: llamalluv Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 128 of 145
Subject: Re: Has this board died? Date: 5/21/2007 10:13 AM
Oh, yeah. Pics would be great!

There is no way I could have pulled off having any kind of dancing, let alone belly dance at my wedding.

I still would suggest that anyone having a DIY wedding do it SMALL.....ugh.

Author: DBAVelvet74 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 129 of 145
Subject: Re: Has this board died? Date: 5/22/2007 3:18 PM
It was fun. I got together with my matron of honor and another BD friend who was going to attend the wedding and we choreographed it at my house.

I had to put on my corset so we could figure out what moves I could and couldn't do. (BD'ing in a corset is very different)

We got together the night before the wedding to practice once in the reception room so we knew how far we had to travel in the opening section, and then we slipped of to a side room for one run through (with out sashes) right before we actually performed (we had the wedding coordinator get everyone out of that room for us with some excuse about them needing to do some set up.

The matron of honor let the best man know when we were ready, and he set up a chair in the middle of the dance floor, led DH out there, and blind folded him so he didn't see us enter.

Author: llamalluv Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 130 of 145
Subject: Re: Has this board died? Date: 5/22/2007 3:39 PM
Oh, you did it in your CORSET?!

I would have thought you would have changed into a more appropriate costume.

Author: DBAVelvet74 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 131 of 145
Subject: Re: Has this board died? Date: 5/23/2007 3:52 PM
It was hard enough getting into the wedding dress the first time, I couldn't have done it after getting sweaty dancing at the reception.

Nope, the three of us put our hip sashes on over what we were wearing and kicked off the shoes.

I had a half circle veil that matched my hip sash and matched the wedding colors. I did kind of a veil solo so the corset wasn't as much of an issue.

Plus I ended by throwing the veil over DH head and sitting down in his lap, giving him a kiss. :)

Author: llamalluv Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 132 of 145
Subject: Re: Has this board died? Date: 5/24/2007 2:25 PM
Plus I ended by throwing the veil over DH head and sitting down in his lap, giving him a kiss. :)

CUTE!

Author: mrsnakeye Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 143 of 145
Subject: Re: Has this board died? Date: 1/12/2012 10:56 AM
Not in Iran.

Author: mrsnakeye Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 144 of 145
Subject: Re: Has this board died? Date: 1/12/2012 11:15 AM
trrtr

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement