I don't know which is worse - the passenger's horrific experience, or Qantas' miserable response. 'Victoria Cleven, 42, was flying home from the US last week when she got a couple of packets of an Australian-made trail mix as a snack.She didn't turn on the overhead light in the darkened plane and had started eating the nuts, raisins and grains before she realised the mix was infested with maggots."It tasted strange, and I turned the light on and looked at the rest of the packet, and just started seeing maggots coming out of it everywhere," Ms Cleven said."I couldn't talk. I was nearly throwing up. I was beside myself."Her son, 15, checked another two packets of the mix and found they also had maggots.The mother of two, who took a photo and video to prove her story, said she had been insulted by her treatment when she asked for compensation.She said a Qantas spokeswoman offered her a refund, but later said only about $400 of the $1600 flight cost would be refunded.Ms Cleven said Qantas couldn't explain the mishap and suggested it could be the manufacturer's fault.'http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-news/maggots-in-the-mi...--------------------GG Home Fool
Best Of |
Favorites & Replies |
Start a New Board |
My Fool |
BATS data provided in real-time. NYSE, NASDAQ and NYSEMKT data delayed 15 minutes.
Real-Time prices provided by BATS. Market data provided by Interactive Data.
Company fundamental data provided by Morningstar<