Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I don't know which is worse - the passenger's horrific experience, or Qantas' miserable response.

'Victoria Cleven, 42, was flying home from the US last week when she got a couple of packets of an Australian-made trail mix as a snack.

She didn't turn on the overhead light in the darkened plane and had started eating the nuts, raisins and grains before she realised the mix was infested with maggots.

"It tasted strange, and I turned the light on and looked at the rest of the packet, and just started seeing maggots coming out of it everywhere," Ms Cleven said.

"I couldn't talk. I was nearly throwing up. I was beside myself."

Her son, 15, checked another two packets of the mix and found they also had maggots.

The mother of two, who took a photo and video to prove her story, said she had been insulted by her treatment when she asked for compensation.

She said a Qantas spokeswoman offered her a refund, but later said only about $400 of the $1600 flight cost would be refunded.

Ms Cleven said Qantas couldn't explain the mishap and suggested it could be the manufacturer's fault.'
GG Home Fool
Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.