UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TMFCogitarius Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Home Fool Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 291  
Subject: 'Haute cuisine' courtesy Qantas Date: 4/2/2012 10:55 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I don't know which is worse - the passenger's horrific experience, or Qantas' miserable response.

'Victoria Cleven, 42, was flying home from the US last week when she got a couple of packets of an Australian-made trail mix as a snack.

She didn't turn on the overhead light in the darkened plane and had started eating the nuts, raisins and grains before she realised the mix was infested with maggots.

"It tasted strange, and I turned the light on and looked at the rest of the packet, and just started seeing maggots coming out of it everywhere," Ms Cleven said.

"I couldn't talk. I was nearly throwing up. I was beside myself."

Her son, 15, checked another two packets of the mix and found they also had maggots.

The mother of two, who took a photo and video to prove her story, said she had been insulted by her treatment when she asked for compensation.

She said a Qantas spokeswoman offered her a refund, but later said only about $400 of the $1600 flight cost would be refunded.

Ms Cleven said Qantas couldn't explain the mishap and suggested it could be the manufacturer's fault.'
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-news/maggots-in-the-mi...
--------------------
GG Home Fool
Print the post Back To Top
Author: buynholdisdead Big red star, 1000 posts Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 287 of 291
Subject: Re: 'Haute cuisine' courtesy Qantas Date: 4/2/2012 2:38 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Was she mad about having nuts and raisins with her protein?

Andy
Who thinks if the lights would have not come on she would have been a happy customer.

Author: TMFCogitarius Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Home Fool Global Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 288 of 291
Subject: Re: 'Haute cuisine' courtesy Qantas Date: 4/3/2012 6:56 AM
Recommendations: 1
Qantas just gave a whole new meaning to 'cattle class'
------------------
GG Home Fool

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement