UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: notehound Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1977210  
Subject: Have Dems ID'd 2016 Repub Picks? Date: 2/11/2013 12:23 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
I have noticed recent news stories implying that Chris Christie is too fat to be president. I also seem to recall some pretty unflattering stories about Marco Rubio.

Does this mean that Democrat operatives already have identified Christie and Rubio as the likely 2016 Republican President/Vice President ticket? Apparently, it's never too early to start discrediting the other team's players.

It will be interesting to see if the Republican Primary "circular firing squad" of also-rans takes advantage of the Democrat's advance work on their behalf.

Come to think of it, perhaps it's not the Dems behind the early anti-Christie/Rubio campaign after all.

It may be Newt Gingrich. He has the most practice at destroying credible Republican candidates.

:-o
Print the post Back To Top
Author: JediGALT Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1858901 of 1977210
Subject: Re: Have Dems ID'd 2016 Repub Picks? Date: 2/11/2013 12:33 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I think Repubs will be running against Dorner.

Democrats seem to admire the guy.

JediG

Author: sano Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1858935 of 1977210
Subject: Re: Have Dems ID'd 2016 Repub Picks? Date: 2/11/2013 9:42 AM
Recommendations: 0
Apparently, it's never too early to start discrediting the other team's players.

Heck, Karl Rove has already started airing anti-Ashley Judd commercials on teevee and she's never even been a politician, much less announced an intention to run for office.

On Wednesday Rove's American Crossroads SuperPAC debuted "Ashley's Story," a blooper reel of sorts featuring the 44-year-old actress, who is reportedly a contender to challenge McConnell — the most unpopular Senator in the country — for his Kentucky Senate seat next year. And now Rove says that even more ads are coming against the actress, who, it should be noted, hasn't actually decided whether she's running or not. Rove told Fox News last night: "She is not going to be able to wait until the screenwriters from California and the producers make her look good."

Author: cjb44 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1858941 of 1977210
Subject: Re: Have Dems ID'd 2016 Repub Picks? Date: 2/11/2013 10:01 AM
They might have, but if so they won't start discrediting that person too soon. Republicans were so concerned about Hillary they destroyed her and we ended up with Obama. Chances are the 2016 GOP frontrunner isn't known yet.

Besides if Democrats were smart, they'd build up the candidates they have the most dirt on...then go after then in 2016. Why knock out the candidates now? Exposing a problem too early becomes "Yeah, that's old news, can we talk about something relevant to today?". Clinton was the master of that. Get ahead of the scandal so he can call it "old news" and move on.

Author: ModernViking Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1859029 of 1977210
Subject: Re: Have Dems ID'd 2016 Repub Picks? Date: 2/11/2013 1:17 PM
Does this mean that Democrat operatives already have identified Christie and Rubio as the likely 2016 Republican President/Vice President ticket? Apparently, it's never too early to start discrediting the other team's players.

Rubio would have no place on a ticket with Chris Christie except as a sop to the teabaggers (and would consequently kill Christie's candidacy).

I think Chris Christie offers a lot (not the least of which is a refreshing departure from the idiocy of the modern GOP at large) and would be a compelling candidate that I would have an easy time voting for over someone like Hillary Clinton.

I think a more plausible source of Christie bashing comes from the tea party itself. Such a common, sensible man of reason has no place in their universe of leadership by xenophobia and Christofacsism. Christie's weight is no obstacle compared to the affliction of stupid/crazy/irresponsible/out-of-touch suffered by the 2012 crop of GOP nominees.

Author: JediGALT Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1859079 of 1977210
Subject: Re: Have Dems ID'd 2016 Repub Picks? Date: 2/11/2013 4:41 PM
You wont' vote Christie.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement