Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Have her parents filed? Could they amend the return and claim her?
How much of her own support does she provide. I am sure the IRS has a pub for this.

I just got off the phone...they e-filed this afternoon right before I found out about this...apparently Turbotax told her mom that she can only be claimed on one return, and her mom assumed that my girlfriend was claiming herself.

Her sister I believe is in the same situation, so an amended return may be a good idea.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.