Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Have no idea if it's a name my husband had been familiar enough with to have retained. And as far as folks "of a certain age" go -- we're at least a decade ahead of you! ;-)

It seems to me that textbooks these days don't seem to have so many of the little historical footnotes that I remember from the texts I used back in the 1970's so I assumed that it'd only be the sort of thing someone of my age or therabouts would come across.

I can usually remember stuff like this no problemo but it seemed the more I tried, the further it got buried. My husband couldn't help.....and he's got the sort of brain that retains random trivia too. I asked martybl on the weight training board and he drew a blank too. I was beginning to think it was a figment of my imagination.

I've really got to do something about those boxes of out of date books, though.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement